2nd Call for Applications PhD Positions RTG “Situated Cognition”
2nd Call for Applications RTG Situated Cognition:
2 PhD positions in Psychology
The interdisciplinary Research Training Group Situated Cognition, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), invites applications for
2 PhD positions (salary scale TV-L E13, 65%)
for a three-year structured PhD program. The official legally binding call for applications is available at www.situated-cognition.com
The positions will commence June 1st, 2023 (or as soon as possible after that date). The RTG is based at the Department of Philosophy II and the Faculty of Psychology at Ruhr-University Bochum as well as at the Institute of Cognitive Science and the Department of Philosophy at Osnabrück University.
Prof. Dr. Albert Newen (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
Prof. Dr. Achim Stephan (Universität Osnabrück)
Prof. Dr. Nikola Kompa (Universität Osnabrück)
4-PERC: Embodied Olfactory Experiences: Olfaction under Metabolism
Project Leader: Ursula Stockhorst
9-SESC: Separation Anxiety Symptoms and their Social Situatedness: The Role of Cross Cultural Norms and Differences
Project Leaders: Babett Voigt & Silvia Schneider
Information about the guiding ideas of the RTG and the PhD projects can be found at www.situated-cognition.com.
The applicants are expected to have an excellent M.Sc. (or equivalent) in Cognitive Science, Psychology, Neuroscience or in an equivalent field. The candidate has to prove that she/he is able to work out one of two projects mentioned above and described on our website.
Applications should contain the following documents:
- The application form (please download from our website and fill out)
- A letter of motivation including the applicants research interests and motivation to work within the RTG. This should include a selection of one (or two) PhD-projects (see https://situated-cognition.com/projects/latest-projects/)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- A writing sample (in German or English): the core chapter of the Diploma/Masters thesis or preferably one relevant publication (ifavailable)
Please send all the required documents in two PDF files:
- One PDF file containing all the application documents, starting with the application form
- One PDF file with your writing sample
We stand for diversity and equal opportunities. For this reason, we favour a working environment composed of heterogeneous teams, and seek to promote the careers of individuals who are underrepresented in our respective professional areas. We expressly request job applications from women. In areas in which they are underrepresented they will be given preference in the case of equivalent qualifications with male candidates. Applications from individuals with disabilities are most welcome.
Applications and inquiries should be addressed to:
Prof. Dr. Albert Newen, Speaker of the RTG
Ruhr University Bochum
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 24th 2023. All interviews will be held in English.