1st CfP: The 7th Image Schema Day (ISD7) @KR 2023, 2-4 September, Rhodes, Greece
*(apologies for possible cross-posting)*
Call for papers and abstracts!
The Seventh Image Schema Day ISD7@KR2023
After the success of last year’s workshop at Jönköping University, we are
happy to announce that The Image Schema Day is back for the seventh time!
This time we are joining The 20th International Conference on Principles of
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR2023) <https://kr.org/KR2023/> in
As in previous years, ISD7 is a networking event that invites researchers
on image schemas, conceptual primitives and spatiotemporal reasoning from a
broad range of scientific disciplines to present their research and discuss
ideas for future projects. Unlike many other workshops focused on different
topics in one discipline or using one methodology, the Image Schema Day
invites researchers from all disciplines and methodologies but focuses on
one main topic. The workshop offers a friendly environment for researchers
of all stages who are interested in presenting and discussing work on the
formal and analytical treatment of conceptual patterns, embodied cognition
and the interdisciplinary exploration of human thought!
The workshop accepts three kinds of submissions:
– Abstracts for presentation (2 pages) (NOTE: these are not included in
– Extended abstracts (5 pages) of work in progress or summaries of
recently published articles.
– Research papers (5-10 pages) discussing novel research not published
(or under review) at another venue.
Topics of interest with (the broadest of interpretation of) an
image-schematic focus include:
– analysis of conceptual metaphors
– formalisation of affordances and force dynamics
– spatiotemporal reasoning
– commonsense reasoning
– conceptual modelling
– use cases of embodied cognition
– formal approaches to analogical reasoning
– formal concept analysis
– applications in cognitive robotics
– image-schematic interface design
– art and literature analysis
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and accepted contributions will be
included in the ISD7 proceedings and presented at the workshop! Submission
instructions can be found on the event website. Important dates:
– Submission deadline: June 2nd
– Notification of acceptance: July 1st
– Workshop dates: September 2-4
We are looking forward to seeing you at ISD7!
The ISD7 organisers,
Maria M. Hedblom and Oliver Kutz