Resarch Assistant (m/f/d); Computer Vision at the institue of Cognitive Science, Osnabrück
The Bio-inspired Computer Vision research group (Prof. Dr. Gunther
Heidemann) of the Institute of Cognitive Science invites applications
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 75%)
to be filled as soon as possible for a period of 3 years.
The position allows for further scientific qualification (Ph.D,
alternatively the German doctorate degree).
The Bio-inspired Computer Vision Group conducts research mainly in the
* Visual learning for still images and video data,
* Deep Learning algorithms for Computer Vision,
* Cognitively motivated vision architectures,
* Applications in biomedical imaging,
* 3D- Vision
* Auditory Display / Sonification of visual data.
Description of Responsibilities:
* The successful candidate will be involved in several research projects
and may supervise B.Sc. and M.Sc. projects.
* The position involves teaching Cognitive Science courses at B.Sc. and
M.Sc. level (3 hours/week).
* Candidates are expected to have an excellent academic degree
(Master/Diploma), knowledge in at least one of the above fields,
as well as good programming skills.
* A good command of the English language is mandatory.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed
to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for
women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its
schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to
the candidate with disability status.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by
e-mail in a single PDF file to the Director of the Institute of
Cognitive Science (email@example.com- osnabrueck.de) no later than
February 2, 2023. Further information can be obtained from
Prof. Dr. Gunther Heidemann (firstname.lastname@example.org).