The Artificial Intelligence Research Group (Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Kühnberger) of the Institute of Cognitive Science of Osnabrück University invites applications for
3 Research Associates (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, up to 100%)
to be filled as soon as possible for a period of initially three years.
The positions allow for further scientific qualification and can be held full-time or part-time.
Description of Responsibilities:
The position involves participation in the research activities of the Artificial Intelligence Group with an emphasis on the areas of cognitively inspired approaches to knowledge representation, machine learning, computational creativity, e-learning, and cognitive architectures. Both, a full-time and part-time position includes teaching Cognitive Science courses at B.Sc. and M.Sc. level (4 hours/week for a full-time position).
- Applicants are expected to have an excellent academic degree (Master/Diploma) and may also have a PhD degree,
- experience and interest in several of the domains listed above,
- basic knowledge in at least two of the following areas: formal logic and reasoning, development of algorithms, (deep) neural networks and machine learning, probabilistic approaches to AI,
- good programming skills and experience with libraries (e.g. Prolog, Scheme, Python, TensorFlow, Keras) are mandatory,
- a good command of the English language is imperative.
Osnabrück University as a family-friendly university is committed to helping working/studying parents and carers balance their family and work life. Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF-file to Prof. Dr. K.-U. Kühnberger (firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> ) with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> no later than March 11, 2022. Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Kühnberger (firstname.lastname@example.org)