The Artificial Intelligence Research Group (Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Kühnberger) of the Institute of Cognitive Science invites applications for
1 Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 100 %)
to be filled as soon as possible for a period of initially 3 years with a potential extension of further 3 years.
Description of Responsibilities:
The position involves participation in the research activities of the Artificial Intelligence Group with an emphasis on the areas of cognitively inspired approaches to knowledge representation, machine learning, computational creativity, e-learning, and cognitive architectures. The position includes teaching Cognitive Science courses at B.Sc. and M.Sc. level (4 hours/week). The position allows for further scientific qualification.
– – Applicants are expected to have an excellent academic degree (Master/ Diploma or PhD),
– experience and interest in several of the domains listed above,
– basic knowledge in at least two of the following areas: formal logic and reasoning, development of algorithms, (deep) neural networks, probabilistic approaches to AI,
– good programming skills and experience with libraries (e.g. Prolog, Scheme, Python, TensorFlow, Keras) are mandatory,
– a good command of the English language is imperative.
The position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Osnabrück University is a certified family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF-file to Prof. Dr. K.-U. Kühnberger (firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>) with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>no later than March 26, 2020. Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Kühnberger (firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>).