== Neural-Symbolic Learning and Reasoning (NeSy) 2018 @ HLAI 2018 ==
– What: 13th Intl. Workshop on Neural-Symbolic Learning and Reasoning
– When: August 23/24, 2018
– Where: Prague, CZ
– Website: http://www.neural-symbolic.org/NeSy18/
– Collocated with: Human-Level AI 2018 (https://www.hlai-conf.org/)
== Keynote Speakers ==
– Hava Siegelmann, DARPA & University of Massachusetts Amherst.
– Paul Smolensky, Johns Hopkins University & Microsoft Research
– Luciano Serafini, Fondazione Bruno Kessler.
– Thomas Lukasiewicz, University of Oxford
– Simo Dragicevic, CEO, BetBuddy Ltd.
== The Workshop ==
Artificial Intelligence researchers continue to face huge challenges in
their quest to develop truly intelligent systems. The recent developments
in the field of neural-symbolic integration bring an opportunity to
integrate well-founded symbolic artificial intelligence with robust neural
computing machinery to help tackle some of these challenges.
The Workshop on Neural-Symbolic Learning and Reasoning is intended to
create an atmosphere of exchange of ideas, providing a forum for the
presentation and discussion of the key topics related to neural-symbolic
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
– The representation of symbolic knowledge by connectionist systems;
– Neural Learning theory;
– Integration of logic and probabilities, e.g., in neural networks, but
also more generally;
– Structured learning and relational learning in neural networks;
– Logical reasoning carried out by neural networks;
– Integrated neural-symbolic approaches;
– Extraction of symbolic knowledge from trained neural networks;
– Integrated neural-symbolic reasoning;
– Neural-symbolic cognitive models;
– Biologically-inspired neural-symbolic integration;
– Applications in robotics, simulation, fraud prevention, natural language
processing, semantic web, software engineering, fault diagnosis,
bioinformatics, visual intelligence, etc.
== Presentation ==
Accepted full and late breaking papers will be presented during the
workshop. The workshop will include extra time for discussion of the
presentations allowing the group to have a better understanding of the
issues, challenges, and ideas being presented.
== Publication ==
Accepted full papers will be published in a post-workshop volume of the
IfCoLog Journal of Applied Logic (JAL). For the inclusion of accepted late
breaking papers, a second in-depth review will be required following the
== Submission Format ==
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit original papers that
have not been submitted for review or published elsewhere:
Authors of contributed papers are encouraged to use the LaTex article
style, a 12pt font, and to submit a paper with no more than 12 pages plus
Papers should be submitted as electronic attachments in pdf format by email
to the College Publications managing director, Ms Jane Spurr (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The email message should include the author(s) names and affiliations, the
title of the paper and the name of the NeSy’18 co-chair best suited to
handle the submission. Please use the phrase “NeSy18 JAL submission” in the
== Important Dates ==
Deadline for full paper submission: June 11, 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection (full papers): July 5, 2018
Deadline for late breaking paper submission: August 1, 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection (late breaking papers): on continuous
basis, latest by August 8, 2018
Workshop dates: August 23-24, 2018
== Additional Information ==
General questions concerning the workshop should be addressed to Tarek R.
Besold at Tarek-R.Besold@city.ac.uk.