Dates: 10-24 July 2016
Venue: Hotel Union (http://www.hotelunion.it/)
Dobbiaco (Toblach), Dolomites, Italy
Funding: European Society for Cognitive Psychology (ESCoP)
Applications are now being considered (until 30 April 2016)
To apply and for further details: http://sites.uci.edu/cmmc
- Stephan Lewandowsky (University of Bristol, UK)
- Klaus Oberauer (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Jörg Rieskamp (University of Basel, Switzerland)
- Gordon Brown (University of Warwick, U.K.)
- Simon Farrell (University of Western Australia)
- Bob French (CNRS, University of Burgundy, France)
- Amy Criss (Syracuse University)
- Casimir Ludwig (University of Bristol, U.K.)
- Joachim Vandekerckhove (University of California, Irvine)
- E. J. Wagenmakers (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Most areas of cognitive psychology have recognized the power of computational and mathematical models and have embraced their benefits to rigorous theorizing. One illustration of this trend is the growing popularity of Bayesian approaches to cognitive modelling.
This powerful trend comes, however, at a cost: The complexity of models and modelling techniques render it increasingly difficult for non-experts to acquire the necessary skills and then keep pace with developments.
This summer school is dedicated to introducing researchers to the basic techniques of computational and mathematical modelling from the ground up and in a hands-on manner. The instructors represent a broad range of expertise and are all research leaders in their field with extensive experience in teaching of modelling.
At the moment, the cost to students is €910 including (a) twin share accommodation at the conference hotel from 10-24 July; (b) breakfast and dinner (but not lunch); and (c) all tuition. Stipends to reduce this cost may become available at a future point and will be announced in late January or February 2016.
We invite applications from researchers at all levels (graduate students, post-docs, and faculty), from anywhere in the world. Visit http://sites.uci.edu/cmmc for further details and to submit an application. Application deadline is 30 April 2016.